Fenty Beauty is all the hype about now. The cosmetic line launched by Rihanna is all everyone could talk about for months. I have patiently waited for Sephora’s 20% off private sale to get my hands on the goodies. I had my eyes set on the Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation.
A bit of a sidetrack – every now and again, Sephora will have these 20% off everything ‘private sales’ for Black and Gold member. Our friend Amelia is a Gold member, and she gets like a kickstart to the private sale. Naturally, we leverage on the loyalty program and carted all our purchases with her… she has to hit certain points every year to keep her Gold membership anyway.
This, my friends, is called teamwork.
If you haven’t heard already, this series of foundation have 40 shades for every skin tone. I haven’t got to try any of the available shades out there, so I use Sephora’s foundation shade finder to find my shade since Amelia was going to purchase the items online.
I was contemplating between 270 or 280, which are very close, just slight difference in undertone. Alas, I settled for 270 and hoping that it would look fine on my skin.
My oh my they did not disappoint.
First of all, let me just say that using this foundation is really like wearing your skin, because it looks and feel just like it.
As promised on the packaging, the foundation provides medium to full coverage and is super long lasting. Also, did I mention that it’s lightweight? Most of the times I forget I have a foundation on at all.
So here’s what happened the whole of my Fenty Beauty’s Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation test wear day:
- Got makeup done at 8am and then go to work
- Have lunch and out in Singapore weather
- Went around Orchard Road to run errands
- Frantically finding pick up/drop off point at ION and proceed to wait forever for our rides in the heat
- Homecoming event at Nanyang Polytechnic. Air conditioning went off at 9pm. Began sweating because damn Singapore is hot
- Supper with some friends at 10.30pm
- Walked home and reached a little past 12 mindnight
- Finally got around to removing makeup at 1am
My foundation fucking stayed on, okay? Didn’t touch up once, and it melted away with my Clean It Zero when I removed it at night.
What I’m trying to say is, you guys, I spent 40 bucks on this (thanks for the discount, Sephora and Amel), and it’s worth every penny.
So yes, this product is super worth the hype. Try it.